Monday, August 21, 2006

Take Two for MikeO

I sent MikeO his fan-fretted baritone guitar from California to Florida about three weeks ago, in the middle of the nationwide heatwave. During its journey the guitar got a little hot, and the finish got lightly embossed with the texture of the padding inside the case. Mike sent the guitar back and I brought it back to Addam Stark, an outstanding specialist who does the finishes on my guitars. Fortunately the texturing was very slight so that Addam was easily able to sand it down and re-buff it to it's original beautiful gloss shine. While I had it back here Mike asked to have a pickup system installed, and I always recommend the K&K Pure Western mini system. As always, the K&Ks sound absolutely beautiful. I'll be sending it to Mike tomorrow and he will have his brand new guitar, again, on Wednesday. Mike's been an absolutely lovely customer, encouraging me to take any time required to get it just right. I'm glad I was able to get this turned around quickly for him.

No comments: