Progress is steady on Chris' multi-scale redwood and ziricote baritone. As you can see, I've assembled the rim the headblock and tailblock and glued in the kerfing. I've completed slightly assymetrical bracing, which arises from the slanted bridge that will be on this guitar. When I design the bracing of a guitar top, the starting point is mapping out where the saddle will be and the footprint of the bridge. From there, I decide on the size and dimension of the bridge plate, lay out the 2 large x-braces, and from there things largely fall into place.
Thursday, October 26, 2006
Preparing for some assembly
Progress is steady on Chris' multi-scale redwood and ziricote baritone. As you can see, I've assembled the rim the headblock and tailblock and glued in the kerfing. I've completed slightly assymetrical bracing, which arises from the slanted bridge that will be on this guitar. When I design the bracing of a guitar top, the starting point is mapping out where the saddle will be and the footprint of the bridge. From there, I decide on the size and dimension of the bridge plate, lay out the 2 large x-braces, and from there things largely fall into place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment