Today I finish sanded and detailed Chris' Chris' redwood and ziricote multi-scale baritone, so it's ready for me to bring it over to Addam Stark's shop, where it will get a thin coat of expertly applied nitrocellulose lacquer. Luthiers' Mercantile certainly did get us started on the right foot with all that lovely wood for the back and sides, and it's really nice, solid wood. I like the way the ziricote headplate, fingerboard, rosette and (as yet unmade) bridge tie in so nicely to the look on this one. Tonight I'll be keeping it in the living room, looking it over from time to time for the tiniest hairline scrath to remove...neatness counts! :)
Monday, November 06, 2006
Chris' Multi-Scale Baritone Ready for Lacquer
Today I finish sanded and detailed Chris' Chris' redwood and ziricote multi-scale baritone, so it's ready for me to bring it over to Addam Stark's shop, where it will get a thin coat of expertly applied nitrocellulose lacquer. Luthiers' Mercantile certainly did get us started on the right foot with all that lovely wood for the back and sides, and it's really nice, solid wood. I like the way the ziricote headplate, fingerboard, rosette and (as yet unmade) bridge tie in so nicely to the look on this one. Tonight I'll be keeping it in the living room, looking it over from time to time for the tiniest hairline scrath to remove...neatness counts! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment