It's been a little while since I built an Indian rosewood guitar, and I really have enjoyed working on this Sitka spruce/Indian rosewood Deep Baritone Cutaway. Since it's so common, Indian rosewood is often thought of as a basic baseline to which other woods can be compared, a sort of neutral reference point. But I don't hear it that way at all! Indian rosewood is definitely one of my very favorites. I think it tends to offer a particular fullness in the bass and a sort of "transparent" depth in the midrange that is unique and very desireable. If Indian rosewood were not in such good supply, its unique and wonderful characteristics would easily justify whatever price people will pay for woods that are less easy to find.
Sunday, January 07, 2007
A Sitka Spruce/Indian Rosewood Deep Baritone
It's been a little while since I built an Indian rosewood guitar, and I really have enjoyed working on this Sitka spruce/Indian rosewood Deep Baritone Cutaway. Since it's so common, Indian rosewood is often thought of as a basic baseline to which other woods can be compared, a sort of neutral reference point. But I don't hear it that way at all! Indian rosewood is definitely one of my very favorites. I think it tends to offer a particular fullness in the bass and a sort of "transparent" depth in the midrange that is unique and very desireable. If Indian rosewood were not in such good supply, its unique and wonderful characteristics would easily justify whatever price people will pay for woods that are less easy to find.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment