Yeah, I do feel lucky! :) Just look at what I'm doing. Bill's guitar is going to have a moderately steep multiscale design with a two inch difference of scale lengths. The treble edge of the fingerboard will be at 25.5" and the bass edge will be at 27.5". This means that the bridge will have a significant slant to it. When I lay out the bracing pattern for I always use the same approach in that the x-braces catch the corners of the bridge in a similar way. With this consistent approach as a starting point in the bracing layout, everything else falls into place from there, with some interesting results. You can see here that the bracing is very asymmetrical. I also went very light with the bracing on this top because the koa is a bit stronger than other more common top woods.
Friday, November 16, 2007
Yeah...I do feel lucky!
Yeah, I do feel lucky! :) Just look at what I'm doing. Bill's guitar is going to have a moderately steep multiscale design with a two inch difference of scale lengths. The treble edge of the fingerboard will be at 25.5" and the bass edge will be at 27.5". This means that the bridge will have a significant slant to it. When I lay out the bracing pattern for I always use the same approach in that the x-braces catch the corners of the bridge in a similar way. With this consistent approach as a starting point in the bracing layout, everything else falls into place from there, with some interesting results. You can see here that the bracing is very asymmetrical. I also went very light with the bracing on this top because the koa is a bit stronger than other more common top woods.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment