Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Shopping Binge!


Shopping Binge!
Yesterday I was on a roadtrip that brought me through Windsor California, which means one thing...shopping time at Luthiers Mercantile! Mainly I was looking for tops. I spent several hours looking through enormous stacks of tops and came out with a real top-shelf stash of my favorite master-grade sets, which I picked for their tap tone, stiffness, tight grain and cosmetic flawlessness. I came away with about seven sets of Italian Alpine Spruce, five sets of Engelmann Spruce, 7 sets of Sitka Spruce, and 7 sets of German/European Spruce. So this morning I reorganized my stash and here's the picture to prove it. Yeah, it's fun. :)

While I was at it yesterday I came across this fantastic back and side set of cocobolo, a wood I really enjoy building with. Just now I've added it to my updated Gallery of Tonewoods in the Shop.

No comments: