
I've completed construction of the neck and bridge on Tim's German Spruce and Ziricote Baritone and completed all the careful finish sanding, detailing and surface preparation to get it ready for finish. One of the more interesting carpentry challenges to guitarmaking is achieving a good neck joint. Nothing is square, and nothing is straight, but the joint should be tight, perfectly aligned, and rock solid. Of course once you learn your methods it becomes very familiar and relatively easy and fun. Shaping the neck is great fun too. Tim asked for a slim and round profile to the neck. Under finish that bloodwood trim is really going to pop and look beautiful next to the spruce top and the dark gray ziricote. :)
3 comments:
Matt, a question if I may. What's the name of the sanding gizmo you chuck in your electric drill and shape the heel with?
Hi Peter,
Search grizzly.com for
"Hand-Held Pneumatic Drum Sanders"
and you'll find two there. The one I use is the bigger one.
Cheers,
Matt :)
Thanks Matt - entering "sanding gizmo" into Google just didn't cut it!
Post a Comment