
Last week I made the neck for John's Italian Spruce and Honduran Rosewood Baritone. John requested that the neck profile be more like a classical guitar, with strong "shoulders", meaning a little more wood behind the sides of the fingerboard than you sometimes find, and a relatively flat back. As you can see I've also made the bridge. Now the guitar is ready for finish so I've taken it across town to finish-specialist Addam Stark, who does excellent finish work for many many really great guitar makers.This instrument features an Indian rosewood Ryan armrest bevel that blends continoulsy with the Indian rosewood binding. I really love adding this option to my instruments because it makes it so much more comfortable for the right arm to rest over the guitar in a variety of positions, and I feel it really frees up the right hand to play in various positions.
No comments:
Post a Comment