Saturday, May 30, 2009

Happy Birthday, Juston's European Spruce and Brazilian Rosewood Arena OM!


I've just completed Juston's Arena OM and I like it! It's so fun when I've finally got the bridge glued on, the tuners installed, a prelminary setup on the nut and saddle, and at last I'm putting brand new strings on a brand new baby guitar! As I wind the sixth string up to tension I'm trying to get a hint about the bass response, then the same with the other strings. Once I've finallly got it tuned I take the instrument off the bench and give it that first strum. Ahhhh, I feel like this guitar really exemplifies the tonal tendencies of Brazilian rosewood. It's got a deep, rich, warm sound with a nice focused bottom end, as well as excellent clarity, volume, and sustain in the trebles. Juston's instrument incorporates many of the custom features that I offer, the Ryan armrest bevel for extra comfort and mobility of the right arm, multi-scale geometry for increased string tension and clarity in the bass, the side soundport for a more dramatic aural experience for the player, and a cutaway for easier access to the higher frets. It's another Happy Birthday! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful piece of art. That's an instrument I'd love to have.

Matt Mustapick said...

Thanks a lot! :)