The Adirondack top of Palomorado's deep baritone is all braced up now. You can see a couple of my ideas for bracing the top for this model. One is to have a very small bridge plate to keep the area behind the bridge a little more flexible than I would have it on a normal grand concert guitar. A more flexible top favors a deeper bass response. The other idea is to lightly reinforce the area between the bridge plate and the soundhole with small offcuts from the soundboard. Because of the long 29" scale length on this model, the distance from the intersection of the x-braces to the bridge plate is a little longer, so I like to make sure there's sufficient structure in front the bridge. The only analysis that suffices for these kinds of design elements is to build the instrument and see what happens. Having built several of these I'm happy to say that it's really working! :)
Thursday, February 09, 2006
Palomorado's Deep Baritone Top is Braced Up
The Adirondack top of Palomorado's deep baritone is all braced up now. You can see a couple of my ideas for bracing the top for this model. One is to have a very small bridge plate to keep the area behind the bridge a little more flexible than I would have it on a normal grand concert guitar. A more flexible top favors a deeper bass response. The other idea is to lightly reinforce the area between the bridge plate and the soundhole with small offcuts from the soundboard. Because of the long 29" scale length on this model, the distance from the intersection of the x-braces to the bridge plate is a little longer, so I like to make sure there's sufficient structure in front the bridge. The only analysis that suffices for these kinds of design elements is to build the instrument and see what happens. Having built several of these I'm happy to say that it's really working! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment