Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Aaron's Arena OM is coming up!


I feel really fortunate to be doing something I love so much. Every time I start a new instrument I get that same feeling you get when you're at the airport heading off on a big vacation. It's fun to just put the wood out on the workbench and look forward to making something real fine out of it. For his Arena Cutaway Aaron has chosen European spruce with cocobolo back and sides. The bridge, rosette, fingerboard and headplates will also be cocobolo. The binding will be curly koa. As with other recent builds, this instrument will include many of the options I offer...the Ryan bevel, the Manzer wedge, the side soundport, and the multiscale geometry. In this case, the treble edge of the fingerboard will have a 24.9" scale length with 25.5" along the bass edge. Thanks, Aaron...more soon! :)

No comments: