Monday, June 25, 2007

Don's New Baritone is Strung Up

Yesterday I strung up Don Alder's new Sitka Spruce and Sapele Baritone Guitar. I love it. Something about this baritone design is ridiculously consistent. I had a chance to compare it to this cedar/koa baritone and even with such different woods the timbre and balance are remarkably similar. I'll follow up on a few details to cover on this guitar before delivering it to Don, along with his Mustapick Grand Concert, at the Healdsburg Guitar Festival in August. I need to set up an extra nut and saddle for extra heavy gauge baritone strings, glue in the label, seat the bridge pins just so, revisit the setup, lots of little things. Though they're both sold, Don and Jack are each letting me display these two baritones at the festival.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look at this pic at least once a day .. cant wait till Aug. Good work Matt.
Don

Display Name said...

Thanks Don! I hope soon you'll be playing it at least once a day. :)