Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Dave's Baritone is in Good Hands

Aaah what fun! Dave came over last night to pick up his brand new Sitka Spruce and Brazilian Rosewood Baritone. On Saturday he came over to have a look at it when it was nearly done. Then yesterday I called him at work to let him know that I was getting started on setting it up and if he came over after work he'd be just in time to help me celebrate another "birthday". And this baby sings! One word...presence. Okay, more than one word...it just sparkles and growls with lots of shiny upper partials, especially under Dave's acrylic nails. And all across the range of the instrument is really says "Pow!" It really made Dave play great! :) Dave really digs in so I set it up with medium high action. Usually I hang on to guitars for a couple weeks after I first set them up, but since Dave lives here in Santa Cruz I thought he ought to have it and bring it back for any follow-up adjustments. The only problem is now I miss it! Hey Dave, wanna come over? :) With respect to looks, I particularly love the dark swirly colors and grain patterns in the sides of this instrument.

No comments: