Happy Birthday for Fred's Italian Alpine Spruce and Brazilian Rosewood Concert Nylon! Here you can see pictures of the final steps in making a guitar...gluing on the bridge, installing and levelling and dressing the frets, installing the tuners, and then setting it up with a polished bone nut and saddle. I'm absolutely delighted with the sound and spent half of yesterday showing it to all my guitar buddies, most especially to Gil Carnal, the great classical guitar maker who has been so generous in sharing his hard-won lattice bracing expertise with me. The sound is big, deep, and rich with great volume and sustain from top to bottom. I get to hang on to it until Monday July 7, so that I can revisit the setup after the string tension has soaked into the instrument and make sure everything is just exactly "so". Then I will be out of excuses and I'll be obliged to send it off to its happy new home with Fred.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Happy Birthday for Fred's Concert Nylon!
Happy Birthday for Fred's Italian Alpine Spruce and Brazilian Rosewood Concert Nylon! Here you can see pictures of the final steps in making a guitar...gluing on the bridge, installing and levelling and dressing the frets, installing the tuners, and then setting it up with a polished bone nut and saddle. I'm absolutely delighted with the sound and spent half of yesterday showing it to all my guitar buddies, most especially to Gil Carnal, the great classical guitar maker who has been so generous in sharing his hard-won lattice bracing expertise with me. The sound is big, deep, and rich with great volume and sustain from top to bottom. I get to hang on to it until Monday July 7, so that I can revisit the setup after the string tension has soaked into the instrument and make sure everything is just exactly "so". Then I will be out of excuses and I'll be obliged to send it off to its happy new home with Fred.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment