Happy Birthday for Chris' 13-fret Aurora! This instrument has several interesting features. The 13-fret neck-joint moves the bridge closer to the center of the lower bout. The slightly long multi-scale geometry (25.75"-26.5") provides a touch of extra string tension for drop-tunings, and the side soundport is there to blow the player's hair back and little. I was very excited to work with wenge for the back and side woods and now I'm even more excited for my next chance. Wenge is extremeley lively and loud loud, but it offers more mahogany-like warmth than the Brailian rosewood type woods. For the moment, it has become my favorite back and side wood, and I'm even looking forward to using it as a top wood. Also, I just got studio shots of Fred's new Concert Nylon Crossover, the first of my lattice-braced instruments. This will be delivered to him tomorrow. Yeah...this is fun! :)
Tuesday, July 08, 2008
Happy Birthday for Chris Ruble's 13-fret Aurora!
Happy Birthday for Chris' 13-fret Aurora! This instrument has several interesting features. The 13-fret neck-joint moves the bridge closer to the center of the lower bout. The slightly long multi-scale geometry (25.75"-26.5") provides a touch of extra string tension for drop-tunings, and the side soundport is there to blow the player's hair back and little. I was very excited to work with wenge for the back and side woods and now I'm even more excited for my next chance. Wenge is extremeley lively and loud loud, but it offers more mahogany-like warmth than the Brailian rosewood type woods. For the moment, it has become my favorite back and side wood, and I'm even looking forward to using it as a top wood. Also, I just got studio shots of Fred's new Concert Nylon Crossover, the first of my lattice-braced instruments. This will be delivered to him tomorrow. Yeah...this is fun! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment