I've braced the top of Alan's Deep Baritone. With the long 29" scale length, the distances between the bridge plate, the intersection of the x-braces, and the soundhole are slightly increased, so I like to lightly reinforce these areas with 2 small spruce plates. Next I'll be assembling the rim, gluing the sides, which I bent a few days ago, to the headblock and tailblock, and gluing on the kerfing and side braces.
Saturday, April 01, 2006
Alan's Baritone Soundboard is Braced Up
I've braced the top of Alan's Deep Baritone. With the long 29" scale length, the distances between the bridge plate, the intersection of the x-braces, and the soundhole are slightly increased, so I like to lightly reinforce these areas with 2 small spruce plates. Next I'll be assembling the rim, gluing the sides, which I bent a few days ago, to the headblock and tailblock, and gluing on the kerfing and side braces.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment