Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Jeffrey's Zebrawood Baritone is Back from Lacquer

On Monday I picked up Jeffrey's Zebrawood/Sitka Spruce Deep Baritone from Addam Stark's where it was expertly lacquered. On Tuesday (yeah, I worked on July 4th, but it's not really work) I put in the frets. Next I'll be making a bridge and gluing it on, attaching the neck, installing the tuners, truing the frets, setting it up with a bone nut and saddle and enjoying the inaugural strum. Clifton was my customer who originally dreamed up this zebrawood/bloodwood look for his Deep Baritone, and it must've been a good idea because Jeffrey saw it and wanted the same (but with some koa as well). I've gotten so many emails from people interested in zebrawood now, even a request from a publihser to send in photos of Clifton's guitar to be included in a coffee table book. That's fun!

No comments: