Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Oh Yeah, Happy Birthday #39

Help me wish a very happy birthday to my new Italian Alpine Spruce and Macassar Ebony Concert Nylon Cutaway. I'm very happy with this instrument. It offers deep rich basses and strong singing trebles and strong volume across the board. Some people wonder if the tone of a fine classical guitar can be had from a fourteen-fret cutaway design. If you find your way up to Healdsburg Guitar Festival this coming August I'd love to put this guitar in your lap. I'm certain your answer will be "Yes!". :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you are keeping that one for yourself? It is a beauty!

What kind of tuners did you use?

Chris

Display Name said...

Hi Chris,

Well it's a tough choice. It's really a thrill every time one of my guitars find a happy home. Then again, it's really a thrill every time I get antoher guitar! I've been a bad boy lately, you know, "research".

Right now it seems to me as if I'm going to keep this one. I can't pretend to know how I'll feel by the Healdsburg festival in August.

:)
Matt

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful guitar! i really like the spruce on this one. now stop building guitars for yourself so that you can build mine.

aaron

Display Name said...

Hi Aaron, :)

Well I needed to have one to at least show (if not to sell) for Healdsburg, so it had to happen. Now perhaps I ought to be tapping in some frets right now instead of typing this message...

I'm off!
Matt :)

Display Name said...

Oh Chris,

I missed your second question, the tuners are Gotoh's top-o-the-line. Very solid and smooth. I like that they're all black...a little stealthy.

:)
Matt