
Over the last few days I've bulit the neck for Rune's 7-String Multi-Scale Nylon. The neck on this guitar was really fun to work on, with the 7-string slotted peghead and wide fingerboard. I also had fun today making the skewed bridge. I started out by putting some graph paper on the soundboard and drawing on it the location of the saddle slot. Then I drew the shape of the bridge around that so that I could use that drawing as a guide, with respect to getting the proper string spacing and overall geometry. The scale lengths on this guitar are 28.25" on the bass edge and 26.25" on the treble edge. The lower bout of the body is 14.5", so that's a big neck on a small and very light mahogany guitar. I used the lightest mahogany neckstock in my stash, and the Gilbert tuners are remarkably light as well. I really can't wait to play this one!
No comments:
Post a Comment