
I've just completed the soundbox of Rune's 7-String Concert Nylon Cutaway. Here are the latest pictures...
Gallery 2
Gallery 3
I have so much arranging the bracing patterns on custom guitars like this one. It's an intuitive process based on past experience. You can see where I've drawn the location of the saddle slot and the leading edge of the bridge. For me, that's the first step in arranging a bracing pattern. A main priority with this guitar was an especially thin soundboard and plenty of cross-grain flexibility, to prioritize the the bass in support of that low 7th string.
2 comments:
Matt,
I just wanted to let you know that I have such fun following your build blog. As a first time builder it is so inspiring to see how real luthiers go about their process and you are one of the few that make this possible. I like it!!
Erik
Hi Erik,
That's great that you're starting to build!
If you think maybe I can help you with some challanges that come up don't hesitate to email or call. A little guidance can save a lot of heartache.
Got any pictures?
Cheers,
Matt :)
Post a Comment