
It sure is fun to work with a set of Brazilian rosewood like the one I'm making Juston's Arena OM with. Over the course of the last week I've braced the back, assembled it to the body, laid in the koa binding and koa Ryan armrest bevel, and completed a first round of finish sanding. Shaping the koa veneer for the bevel is a little bit tricky, but now that I've learned how to do it I really enjoy it. About a and a half ago Michael Bashkin asked me how I went about making the bevel and I told him how I do it. A month later he gave me back a great little trick of using transfer tape to discover the exact shape of the bevel veneer, and it was a real time-saver. I enjoy sharing a spirit of commeraderie with other builders. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment