I've finished installing the curly koa binding and bevel, and I've completed a first round of finish sanding on Dave Hilyard's Sitka Spruce and Brazilian Rosewood Baritone. Cutting the binding channels for guitars with the Manzer wedge takes a little extra care to achieve a super-clean result. Shaping the Ryan bevel so that the purfling lines flow elegantly is so much fun. These features are described on the options page of my site. Next I'll be working on the neck. More soon!
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Finished the Soundboard on Dave Hilyard's Baritone
I've finished installing the curly koa binding and bevel, and I've completed a first round of finish sanding on Dave Hilyard's Sitka Spruce and Brazilian Rosewood Baritone. Cutting the binding channels for guitars with the Manzer wedge takes a little extra care to achieve a super-clean result. Shaping the Ryan bevel so that the purfling lines flow elegantly is so much fun. These features are described on the options page of my site. Next I'll be working on the neck. More soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment