Big thanks to Mark Blanchard for sending me along this incredibly beautiful and fine set of Macassar Ebony. My next customer Bill and I recently changed his specification for the back and sides to Macassar ebony, and then discovered that there's a bit of a temporary dry-spell in the market. Mark had this set in his shop and was incredibly gracious in allowing me to buy it from him. If I never get a chance to return the favor to Mark, hopefully I can at least pass along this kind gesture to some other builder down the road. Over the last two Healdsburg festivals Mark and I had tables right next to eachother, so we've had a change to talk a little bit, and I've been able to admire his fantastic guitars. Last time I had a chance to enjoy the incredible guitar he build for Steve Wildey (incidentally, a great guitarist) for a few minutes. So, if you haven't already, take some time to check out Mark Blanchard's guitars. Also, while I'm thinking of it, Steve Wildey runs a shop of fine guitars in South Florida called Glades Guitars. Happy surfin'!
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Thanks to Mark Blanchard!
Big thanks to Mark Blanchard for sending me along this incredibly beautiful and fine set of Macassar Ebony. My next customer Bill and I recently changed his specification for the back and sides to Macassar ebony, and then discovered that there's a bit of a temporary dry-spell in the market. Mark had this set in his shop and was incredibly gracious in allowing me to buy it from him. If I never get a chance to return the favor to Mark, hopefully I can at least pass along this kind gesture to some other builder down the road. Over the last two Healdsburg festivals Mark and I had tables right next to eachother, so we've had a change to talk a little bit, and I've been able to admire his fantastic guitars. Last time I had a chance to enjoy the incredible guitar he build for Steve Wildey (incidentally, a great guitarist) for a few minutes. So, if you haven't already, take some time to check out Mark Blanchard's guitars. Also, while I'm thinking of it, Steve Wildey runs a shop of fine guitars in South Florida called Glades Guitars. Happy surfin'!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment