I've been playing Aaron's European Spruce and Cocobolo Arena OM this morning and I love it. It responds to just a light touch with a deep, rich tone, and when you give it a little gas it really roars. I took a few pictures of the final stages of the building process. One of those that I'll highlight now is fretwork. Precise fret leveling is absolutely fundamental to a fantastic setup. That's where it all begins. Proper crowning of each fret provides for excellent intonation, and smooth clean fret ends make the whole playing experience real comfy. This kind of attention to detail makes a huge difference in the playability and responsiveness of an instrument. I'll keep the guitar for the next couple weeks so that as the string tension sinks in and subtly shifts the geometry of the instrument, I'll be able to fine-tune the setup. Comin' up soon, Aaron! :)
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Happy Birthday for Aaron's Arena OM!
I've been playing Aaron's European Spruce and Cocobolo Arena OM this morning and I love it. It responds to just a light touch with a deep, rich tone, and when you give it a little gas it really roars. I took a few pictures of the final stages of the building process. One of those that I'll highlight now is fretwork. Precise fret leveling is absolutely fundamental to a fantastic setup. That's where it all begins. Proper crowning of each fret provides for excellent intonation, and smooth clean fret ends make the whole playing experience real comfy. This kind of attention to detail makes a huge difference in the playability and responsiveness of an instrument. I'll keep the guitar for the next couple weeks so that as the string tension sinks in and subtly shifts the geometry of the instrument, I'll be able to fine-tune the setup. Comin' up soon, Aaron! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment